Mobile Access for Seniors Plan, which is subsidised by the government, will help lower-income seniors who want to go digital and enjoy mobile services, but cannot afford smartphone and mobile plans.
Here are some related questions:
1. Can I just proceed to redeem the mobile access plan if I meet the eligibility criteria but do not have the digital skill under the Senior Go Digital Programme?
Mobile Access package can only be redeemed after the senior has attended IMDA’s Senior Go Digital–Learning programme to acquire at least one (1) basic digital skill.
2. Can I receive multiple redemption vouchers if I attended more than 1 basic digital skill training class?
Only one (1) redemption voucher per eligible senior. The same applies regardless the senior attend one or multiple training engagements.
3. I am qualified to receive the Mobile Access for Seniors scheme, but I do not need a mobile plan. Can I just redeem the smartphone?
No redemption of smartphones only. The smartphone can only be redeemed together with a mobile plan.
4. I am auto-qualified to receive the Mobile Access for Seniors Scheme, but I have a smartphone. Can I receive the mobile plan only?
You can sign up for just the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan without purchasing any smartphone. However, please take note that once you have used the redemption voucher, you cannot re-visit us to redeem the smartphone again. (i.e change from ‘mobile plan only’ to ‘smartphone bundled with mobile plan’).
5. I have already attended the Seniors Go Digital Programme. How do I redeem the subsidised smartphone and mobile plan?
If you have registered interest in the ‘Mobile Access for Seniors’ scheme with Digital Ambassador, IMDA will notify the outcome via mail. Instructions on how to redeem will be stated in the letter.
6. I am an undischarged bankrupt. Will I be able to redeem the Mobile Access package?
Prevailing telco policy will apply. Senior may contact IMDA to request assistance and state the preferred choice of the telco. In consultation with participating telco, IMDA will assess the senior’s situation on a case-by-case basis.
7. Can I purchase smartphones together with the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
Customers can choose to purchase VoLTE-supported smartphones from SIMBA at published rates. These smartphones can only be purchased with a subscribed Mobile Access for Seniors Plan. Note that different warranty applies to different smartphone models. You will be entitled to discounts if you have a subsidy voucher from IMDA.
8. Can I redeem Seniors Mobile Access Plan from Telco A and a smartphone from Telco B?
Each redemption voucher can only be used once. You must redeem the smartphone and mobile plan from the same telco.
9. Can I subscribe to Seniors Mobile Access Plan under someone else’s name instead?
Individuals who meet the listed eligibility criteria have attended IMDA’s Seniors Go Digital – learning programme and picked up at least one (1) basic digital skill may register Seniors Mobile Access Plan.
*The IMDA redemption vouchers are non-transferrable.
10. Can I exchange my IMDA redemption vouchers for cash instead?
Redemption vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.
11. What if I have more questions?
For more details, you can: